Digital Subscriber Lines
Windstream Service Areas
Internet Nebraska offers high-speed DSL Internet access, and it includes 5 e-mail boxes -- enough for
the whole family.
DSL Pricing Information
Order DSL Now!
What is DSL?
Digital Subscriber Line, or DSL, is a fast, high-speed Internet service.
It is available for home users as well as businesses.
DSL runs over a standard voice phone line, and you can use it while talking
on the phone at the same time.
How fast is DSL?
We offer DSL at different service tiers. Our most common plans are:
As a always-on, network-based technology, the Internet connection can be share by multiple devices (such as computers, game consoles, smart phones, and tablets) through a mix of a router, switch, and even wirelessly via a wireless access point.
- DSL Lite - 512k download / 256k upload
- DSL Standard - 1.5M download / 384k upload
- DSL Ultra - 3.0M download / 768k upload
- DSL Extreme - 6.0M download / 768k upload
- The Twelve - 12.0M download / 768k upload
- The Twelve Pro - 12.0M download / 1.0M upload
Which DSL tier should I get?
With the ever growing multi-media focus of the Web, having the right tier of service is important. Generally speaking, each tier will work well for a single user. Higher speeds may be necessary for a better online experience depending upon the desired usage such as streaming HD class video content or using multiple devices at once.
- DSL Lite is designed for a single user with minimal Internet needs. It's about as bare bones as high-speed service can get.
- DSL Standard and Ultra are for a single user or multi-user household respectively. Streaming audio should not be a problem. On-lime game play usually works fine due to its small packet size, although level loads which have to be downloaded may take longer. Streaming video usually works best at less than HD resolutions. (Ultra is the minimum recommended for a single user who wants full HD streaming.)
- DSL Extreme is for multi-user environment streaming multiple videos (or simply more raw speed for the single user.)
- The Twelve is the top end of our DSL services with speeds of up to 12mbit--doubling what is available at the Extreme tier.
All of our DSL plans and pricing, including promotional rates, can be found on our DSL Pricing Information page.
Where is DSL available?
Please see our DSL Overview Page for a list of locations
with DSL service.
Note that not all locations in every city will be eligible to receive
DSL service. Distance and line quality limitations can make DSL inoperative
for some locations. A free line quality check will be performed after your order
is placed to help determine if you can receive DSL.
What are the computer requirements for DSL?
Any modern home computer running Windows XP, VISTA, Win7, Win8, MacOS; games consoles; and other devices (such as smart phones and tablets) that can connect to your home or business network. (We even see a Linux box now and then.) Like its other high-speed counterparts, a DSL connection can be used by practically any computer or device that has network accessibility.
Internet Nebraska primarily supports Windows XP or higher and MacOS for operating systems along with a variety of network routers and access points. Additionally, we can usually help with rapidly growing array of mobile devices (as well as that occasional Linux box.)
Do I need special hardware for DSL?
A DSL modem is required. The most common setup today is a DSL modem (which may or may not have wireless capability) and a network switch for a typical home or small business. The DSL modem is connected to your phone jack and then connected to the switch. Your computers and devices are connected to the switch. Generally speaking, all that you will need to buy is a DSL modem.
Internet Nebraska sells both a normal DSL modem and one that has wireless access as well as other network hardware for customized solutions (such as setting up a wireless hot spot for your customers in your business or expanding your network for an office space and back-up servers.)
How do I sign up for DSL?
To order your DSL service with Internet Nebraska, please fill out this
DSL Order Form.
We will take care of ordering the circuit for you;
all you need to do fill out a form to get the ball rolling.