Internet Nebraska Provides Second Junk Email Protection Method
For a $1 monthly fee* per email account, Internet Nebraska will set up your
mail to be filtered by the Tagged Message Delivery Agent -- we call it the MailAgent. When mail is
sent to you, MailAgent checks to see if the sender is on your list of approved
senders. If they are not, MailAgent mails the sender a message requesting they
reply to it in order to get on your approved list. Since spammers hide
their email identities, they will never get on your approved list. Once
someone is on your approved list, they stay there until you take them off.
MailAgent also allows you to block mail from senders by putting them on a
We continue to offer Postini Services, too. Which of MailAgent or Postini is right for you?
- MailAgent does no virus checking or "sanitizing" of virus-infected email as Postini does.
- Postini does not require anyone to make a one-time reply to get on
your approved list if you haven't already added them.
- Postini's methods allow some spam to get through which would never get past the MailAgent. This makes MailAgent a terrific choice for the accounts of children to whom it's especially important that no objectionable material be sent by strangers.
Internet Nebraska President, Steve Reichenbach, set up MailAgent
filtering for his gradeschool-aged children. "The logs indicate
that the filter is blocking nearly nearly 20 spam messages per day
--- many of them ads for sexually explicit Web sites. Since the
filter was installed, not a single such message has made its way
into their mailbox. The MailAgent filter has worked perfectly at
protecting my children from such objectionable email."
- With either Postini or MailAgent, the service is completely controlled by you.
If you are an existing Internet Nebraska Customer and would like to sign up for MailAgent, please visit our
MailAgent Sign Up Page.
If you would like to become an Internet Nebraska Customer and use the MailAgent service, please
Sign up Today!.
When your service is activated you will be sent explicit instructions on how to
manage your MailAgent approved and denied lists.
Internet Nebraska System Manager
* If you have cable service, billing will be $12/year rather than $1/month. As you are not billed monthly for your service by Internet Nebraska, it will help reduce the number of bills that you receive!